From Our Las Vegas Office,
We Assist Clients With Probate, Trust Administration, Elder Law And Estate Planning

Estate Planning Can Protect Your Family

It is important to have a plan in place to protect your family. Thoughtful planning is important, particularly when long-term care issues are a concern. At Boyer Law Group, we work to make the process of estate planning as simple as possible for our clients through our personalized approach and client-oriented mindset.

We Create Strategic, Personalized Estate Plans and Elder Care Plans

Creating an estate plan or elder care plan involves many things, such as:

  • An estate plan: Wills and trusts are excellent tools to protect your loved one’s estate, but they are not the only part of a comprehensive estate plan. Every individual needs power of attorney and health care directives as well.
  • Long-term care planning: Most people will need care in their old age, whether that means from a family member or at a nursing home. We can help you plan for the financial aspect and find care if necessary.
  • Special needs planning: When someone in your family has special needs, it is essential that the estate plan address the need to maintain public benefits and maximize independence.
  • Healthcare plan: It is important to make decisions as early as possible regarding your wishes for health care so your family does not have to make them for you in the event of incapacitation. We can help you understand your options.

Because Boyer Law Group has been helping Nevada residents make elder care plans for more than 25 years, our team has the experience necessary to create individualized plans tailored to your needs and goals.  Read what former clients are saying.

Contact Our Estate Planning Lawyer Today

Older man with beard with his granddaughter on his shoulders laughing

To speak with an estate planning lawyer about your options for an elder care plan, call our Las Vegas office at 702-255-2000 and arrange your free initial consultation. You can also reach a lawyer through our online contact form. Send a message, and we will respond as promptly as possible.

FAQ About Estate Planning

Should I get my estate planning in place now?

Some people hear about a friend or other family member who had to go through a lengthy or expensive court process because planning was not put in place. It is wise to plan now, and especially so if you or your loved one has mild cognitive impairment or your beneficiaries have special needs.

What estate planning documents do I need?

An essential estate plan will include documents that specify who gets what and under what terms. For those with minor children, a will is essential because it names the guardians of minor children, and you will want to ensure that you, and not the courts, are naming their guardians. Here are some basic documents that are typically part of an essential estate plan:

  • Will: A document that states who receives your assets. You also name the person in charge, called a personal representative. If you have minor children, you need to name a guardian for them. A will alone does not avoid the probate process.
  • Power of attorney for assets: Naming someone to act as your agent to handle financial matters, typically when you become incapacitated.
  • Power of attorney for health care: Naming someone to make health care decisions on your behalf if you lose the ability to do so. This document also instructs what your final wishes are regarding life support, in the event you cannot express your wishes yourself.
  • Trusts: Revocable trusts are sometimes the best option as it can avoid the probate process and provide for more legacy planning. Irrevocable trusts are often used for asset protection purposes to safeguard your assets from lawsuits.

Book cover: Alzheimer's and Dementia: A Practical & Legal Guide for Nevada Caregivers by Kim Boyer and Mary Shapiro
Book cover: The Essential Eldercare Handbook for Nevada by Kim Boyer and Mary Shapiro
Rated by Super Lawyers | Top 50 Women | Mountain States |
Kim Boyer rated by Super Lawyers for 16 years